Thursday, June 25, 2015

Day 9 Road Trip 2015!

Today I drove to Arcadia, Louisiana. That was the next stop I would have gone to after Ruston. My sister had sent me more business cards there about my walk. As most of you know I was not able to make it there...having to have the surgery on my colon to remove the tumor.

My sister contacted the Arcadia Post Office and explained our situation and the young woman said she was by herself and would call her back. That she did..and not only that...but she drive them to Ruston and waited for someone to pick them up for me. What a wonderful and God loving person she was! It meant so much to me for her to do that...I had to thank her personally. She remembered about it when I showed her my card and immediately asked how I was doing! Thank you so very much! God bless you L for all that you have done.  Blessings and prayers your way!

After getting back to Ruston Val and I went to Cheeseburger Cheeseburger to lunch. Mandy was our waitress and a great one at that. Very pleasant and hard working. She even was able to put up with my sense of humor...or at least that is what I call it! Thank you Mandy, bless you!

Okay, enough chit chat for now! Blessings your way. Thank you all for reading and following my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hello it's me again, Margaret! Tried to post twice the other day. My first try I think God put the words down, but it wouldn't post. Second was not really a loss. I just wanted to say that it is wonderful that you are visiting with people that you meet on your walk. It's fantastic you stopped and meet the lady at the Arcadia Post Office. The whole Ruston experience was a God send for sure. When I fist called that post office I didn't expect to hear from her. Not only did she really call me back, but then she took the cards to Ruston and had to wait, after a long stressful day at work. What a blessing! She fits in with the other wonderful people in Ruston, so not surprised she moved there. Truthfully, where else do you know that embraces a stranger like they did you Mike? I felt very humbled when they told me that it was their pleasure to be a servant to you! I ask where else does that happen? God is so good, so good to us!

    ReplyDelete