Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Day 7 Road Trip 2015

We left Phenix City around 8:15 a.m. We did not get to see everyone we wanted to...but I tried! 

My first stop was to see Steve up around Crawford, Alabama. Steve,  his son Steve Jr., brother Marshall, and father Joe stopped their work during my walk (they were installing a fence) to help me fix my cart which had it's second flat that day. They took right over and repaired the tire and put it back on. Marshall said a prayer for me and my journey. When I left..it felt like I was leaving family! Steve was the only one home this time around and it was a blessing to see and talk to him again! So grateful for all they did for me back then! God bless you all!


Steve, Joe, Marshall, and Steve Jr

From there we stopped in Tuskegee To check out the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic site! Some pics are posted at the end of this blog.

Our next stop was lunch at Jason's Deli in Montgomery, Alabama! We had the salad bar which seemed to be pretty fresh!

From there we headed into Mississippi to visit some people at the Jellystone Campground in Pelahatchie. And as par for the course the ones I stopped to see were off today ... I tried again!


After leaving the campground we headed to Vicksburg where we are spending the night at the Baymont Inn 
and Suites. 

In the morning we will cross the river into Louisiana!

That's all for now..good night and God bless...Mike!

1 comment:

  1. Hello it's me again, Margaret! Looks like a great day, and I am feeling the urge to walk! How about you? Looks like you had a great day. God must have other plans that you keep missing people. Don't over do it volunteering at the peace festival. Have a good time, which I know you will. God Love you, and so do I! Blessings are coming your way, and once again you are sharing.

    ReplyDelete