Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 12 (2015) Road Trip

Several days have gone by since I last posted...my bad! I had a day or two where I was pretty tired and couldn't bring myself to blog!

On the 26th we went to the rodeo with our hosts Judi and Randal and their grandchildren. We only stayed about an hour and a half. It was very hot and steamy in there that night and the Kids were getting tired, so we decided to leave around 9:30. 


The next day was the 27th and my wife and I volunteered to help out at the peach festival. My wife and our host Judi worked the food coupon table and I was put at the music venue gate. All in all we had a good time doing our part and met some more of the good people from Ruston. 

The Guinness Record for the largest peach cobbler. Yea!
The cobbler oven!
my gate where I was stationed!

Then today, the 28th, we attended the Ruston First Baptist Church with Judi and Randal. Afterwards they treated us to lunch ... and then we headed west and then south in Texas. We stopped for the night in Temple, Tx. In the morning we will head to Austin and then on to San Antonio where we will spend a few nights before heading north.




1 comment:

  1. Hello it's me again, Margaret. Sorry but the peach cobbler didn't look so good to me. I love fields of sunflowers! God Bless you! Love you! Keep moving, keep having fun, keep posting pictures, keep on, keeping on!

    ReplyDelete