Monday, June 22, 2015

Day 6 Road Trip 2015

Well..we left South Carolina in the late morning. Thank you Karen and Fred for your great hospitality. Thanks for letting me use your kitchen and letting me cook eggplant for you all. I enjoyed it...especially eating it..lol!

Our first stop was The Adrian Camp and Conference Center in Adrian, Georgia. My friends Jeff and Peggy Croft who are the administrators at the camp put me up for a night while on my walk. They purchased a wooden cross for me from a young man at their bible study...met me in the next town and brought me a bible, water, snacks and helped pay part of my next nights stay in Dublin,  Ga. They have been a true blessing and have kept in contact with me since my surgery...checking on my progress from time to time and praying for comfort and healing for me. It was so wonderful and a blessing to be able to visit with them again. Thank you Jeff and Peggy. 

If anyone would like to donate to their mission at the camp go to their website and make a donation. I would appreciate it because they were so good to me.


We continued on following the route I had walked. Our next stop was at Lake Pines Campground In Columbus Georgia. I call Debi to see if she was available..but she had a prior engagement she could not get out of. I really wish we could have been able to meet with her again. Hopefully another time. God bless you Debi!
I forgot to mention we also stopped in Renolds, Ga. to see Faye who runs a Restaurant and motel there...but she too had left for the day so we moved on to Columbus. 

We then crossed the river from Columbus into Phenix City, Alabama where we are spending the night at a very nice Super 8.

I did not post on the 5th day because I did not have enough signal...we just did a little shopping and I made some spicy Pablano stuffed peppers. I stuffed them with brown rice, mashed black beans and some feta cheese! I used hot salsa and spagetti sauce mixed for the gravy. It was very spicy...but very delicious! 

Well until tomorrow...God bless and thank you for reading, Mike!

1 comment:

  1. Hello it's me again, Margaret! Even though you didn't get to see everyone still looks like you had a nice visit. God Bless you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete