Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Day 8 Road Trip 2015

Hello everyone! We left the motel in Vicksburg and made our first stop at the Old Vicksburg Bridge. I wanted to stop by and say hello to Herman and Warren who were so kind and helpful to me on my walk, but Herman was not there today and Warren was working on the other side of the bridge. Just wanted to thank you again! God bless you both for your kindness!

As we headed toward Ruston, La. (where my cancer was discovered and where I had surgery to remove the tumor) we took my walking route most of the way. I could remember going through each area and what was coming up next. It almost has me wanting to do it again. But because of the tumors in the liver, I don't think I will attempt it right now! 

When we arrived in Ruston, we first stopped at the Northern Louisiana Hospital and visited Melba...one of the nurses that found great enjoyment in giving me needles, even though I told her I was allergic to them....lol...just kidding Melba! Carmen and Ashley were off so I didn't see them. I did get to see and talk to Dr. Mariano though. Dr. Osafo was out to lunch and Dr. Byrnes was in surgery!



We also visited with Dana who worked in the eligibility screening department. She worked hard on my case and got me approved for assistance with almost all the Medical Bills. She also filed for my Social Security. She went above and beyond in helping me during my stay at the hospital and even after being discharged. Thank you Dana..God bless!

Then we were off to Judi and Randals house. They were kind enough to put us up again during our visit to Ruston. They took us out for a wonderful lunch..then to a peach orchard (Mitchams) for some fresh peaches. And did it stop there..I think not. They also took us to a blueberry farm (Pop's Blueberry Patch) for fresh picked blueberries. Then over to the Chamber Of Commerce so we could volunteer to help with the Peach Festival! And did it stop there...I think not. They also cooked us a truly wonderful dinner. I think they are going to have to force us out now.. lol! I must say they are truly warm, thoughtful and caring people. I am very lucky God put them on my path. Not to mention Judi was the one responsible for having a check up done on me...which led to them finding my cancer! God is awesome!




I am going to call it a night. Thank you all again for reading my blog. I pray that God watches over you all...and for anyone who is going through a rough time or illness I ask God to bring peace, comfort and healing in Jesus's name....Amen and God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Hello it's me again, Margaret! Wow! It's looks like you are being blessed all over again! The pictures of the bridge are gorgeous. The pink in the first bridge picture satisfies my flower fetish! So, so happy that you called this morning! Love your posts, and pictures! Great job, once again. Love you and bless you! I can feel how many peoples lives you have touched by stopping by on your drive and trying to visit! Even if you missed them, you left a note so they know you didn't forget them. How great are the gifts God bestows on us! Love you, Bless you!

    ReplyDelete