Friday, July 3, 2015

Day 17 2015 road Trip!

Hello again! Another day...what a blessing! Today we drive up to Denver...then headed west to Evergreen, Colorado. We went to Evergreen Lake where we stopped to walk around the lake to get some exercise in! Of course I had to take pictures also!

After leaving Evergreen, we headed towards Breckenridge to look around for a while. Until we hit miles of backup traffic. All of a sudden Breckenridge didn't sound so good...lol! So we turned around and headed back to Colorado Springs to our cabin for the night.

On the way I saw a sign that said historic attraction, so I turned off not knowing what to find! We came to a little attraction that is a hundred years old...Tiny town Railroad. It was something to do and another chance to take pictures!

After that we headed back to the KOA in Colorado Springs stopping at Wal-mart for some dinner items.

The traffic was terrible, I guess because of the holiday. Everything including our campground is fully booked!

On the way back I pulled into a scenic overlook to check it out. I met someone there who was biking across the US with 3-4 others for WorthwhileWear. It is an organization to raise awareness to human trafficking and to engage the community at large and help them become part of the solution. Check out their website and if you feel led to send a gift...please do so.

I have to apologize...but I forgot the gentlemen's name. I will blame it on Chemo brain!  But here is his pic! If you see him on the road, help him out with a drink, or treat him to lunch. He was a great person to talk to! May God bless his journey. They are heading to San Antonio from Minnesota!


No comments:

Post a Comment